Monday, January 19, 2009

Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Today a neighbor and I took the kids to an MLK celebration. It was fantastic. Not only to hear and remember what he did but in so many other ways too. The kids heard some fantastic music, saw some extremely talented dancers and watched movies of how Dr. Martin Luther King worked. One of my favorite moments of the day though had to be when everyone that had been involved with the production gathered on stage. They welcomed anyone interested to join them on the stage. I look next to me and Halle stands up and says..."I want to go down there." Then Halle -- my shy, sweet, innocent Halle -- joined everyone on stage. She looked so small but made such a huge statement. She held hands with the man on stage and began to sing with everyone. Truely amazing.

Rosa sat so Martin could walk.
Martin walked so Barack could run.
Barack ran so our children can fly.

I hope all of you enjoyed your day.

No comments: